One Tiger Dr.
Marshall, TX email@example.com
The ETBU School of Nursing enrolls a new nursing cohort at the beginning of each fall semester. Classes are initiated based on current university guidelines for class size, available resources, and at the discretion of the university.
Completed applications for admission to the Fall 2018 Level 1 Cohort are due to the School of Nursing main office on the 1st floor of the Craig Nursing Building by Monday, January 16, 2018.
Applicants are considered for acceptance into the program once all admission requirements have been completed, with the exception of successful completion of outstanding pre-requisite coursework in which the applicant is enrolled during the spring and summer semesters prior to the start of the fall nursing class.
Letters notifying applicants of their acceptance into the fall nursing cohort will be mailed at the close of the Spring semester. Once accepted, applicants must indicate, in writing, their acceptance by the date stated in their acceptance letter in order to secure their place. Letters to applicants who are not offered a seat in the upcoming program will also be mailed within this same time frame.
Accepted or currently enrolled as a student at ETBU
Completed application packet (Due Date: January 16, 2018)
- Application Form
- 2x2 Inch Photo - attach to Application Form
- Recommendation Forms (2); one Personal and one from a former high school or college teacher or employer
- ETBU Health Information Form (Note: A copy of the ETBU Health Information form on file in Student Affairs may be provided in lieu of completing the form a second time)
- ETBU Health Information Update form (only if Health Information form is older than 6 months)
- Immunization Records
- Criminal Background Check Consent and Compliance Agreement
Pre-admission Exam: ATI TEAS Exam. Overall and Reading scores must be within the Proficiency Range. Note: The maximum TEAS testing limit is 2 full test attempts at least 3 months apart within a calendar year. Tests taken at ALL testing locations count towards the maximum number of test attempts.
Grades of C or higher in PSYC 2314, MATH 1342, ENGL 1301 & 1302, CHEM 1305 and CHEM 1105.
- Of the following courses, only one (1) grade of C is accepted; the other four course grades must be either A or B: BIOL/NURS 1421, 1422, 2421, NURS 3311 and 3350.
Of the following courses, only one (1) grade of C is accepted; the other four course grades must be either A or B: BIOL/NURS 1421, 1422, 2421, NURS 3311 and 3350
Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher in all coursework.
Criminal Background Check completed and cleared by the Texas Board of Nursing as eligible to sit for the NCLEX-RN exam.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (CPR) Healthcare Provider 2-year certification
- This course will be provided on campus at the beginning of fall semester for the new Level 1 cohort.
Due by January 16, 2018