1920 at the College of Marshall started with a roar as the Tiger Football Team, under Coach Herschel Forrester, finished the year with a perfect season and were unofficially named the Champion Junior College team of Texas. In 1922, COM added a music program, and the same year students Alma Milstead and Ben Alley represented the college in the Federated Music Clubs of Texas voice contest. Milstead took first place and Alley took second.
Unfortunately, the college experienced some financial problems in 1924 and was forced to close its doors for the summer of that year. Thankfully, though, the financial crisis was short-lived and the doors were reopened the following September, and by 1926 enrollment stood at an impressive 284. Students continued to enjoy extracurricular activities such as the Harvest Festival and the Glee Club. Students also organized several new societies on campus, including the J.B. Gambrell Society, the Philomathean Literary Society, and the Erisophian Literary Society. The only setback in the latter part of the decade was a fire that burned the girls’ dormitory in 1928.
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. ~ Psalm 100:5
Patterson Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Jerry (’83) & Ginger Hamilton
KYTX Channel 19
Hudson Printing and Graphic Design
Sodexo Frost Bank Mr. D.M. Edwards and Mr. and Mrs. Welby C. Edwards
All Access Coach Leasing, LLC