You want to make a difference? Want to serve others?
A career in counseling is a way. ETBU makes it possible.
You have options to attend graduate school elsewhere. There are a number of reasons you should consider ETBU's program. There are a number of aspects of our program specifically geared to preparing counselors competently, holistically, comprehensively, and pragmatically.
Some distinctive aspects of our program include:
- An emphasis on integration of theory and practice. You won’t just learn about therapy. You, through our connections with community practicum sites and our on-campus clinic, will learn to do therapy.
- A course schedule that is both sufficient for eventual practice and flexible for working students. Through a combination of online and on-campus course offerings, students can be sure they will receive enough personal attention and interaction necessary for socialization as a counselor while also being able to maintain other family and work obligations. Students can expect to complete a thorough, comprehensive training program in approximately two years.
- All courses taught by ETBU faculty – experienced clinicians and nationally recognized scholars who care about your personal and professional development.
- Designed to prepare you to sit for your professional counseling licensure exam (LPC) in Texas and Louisiana (among other states).
- Eligibility for national certification. As a graduate of our program, you will meet the educational requirements for the National Certified Counselor (NCC) credential through the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC).
- Small class sizes ensure personalized attention from faculty and meaningful interaction with peers necessary for advancement professionally and personally.
Want to know more?