The mission of the Department of Behavioral Sciences is to provide students with the opportunity to:
- Use the major concepts, theoretical perspectives, empirical findings, and historical trends in the field of their major to promote intellectual development and spiritual growth.
- Understand and apply basic research methods, including research design, data analysis, and interpretation.
- Respect and use critical and creative thinking, skeptical inquiry, and when possible, the scientific approach to solve problems related to behavior and social processes.
- Be prepared for beginning jobs, entry-level work or graduate programs.
- Be prepared to work both with people who are, and those who are not, motivated by values related to the Christian faith