What could you get from the major in Political Science?
- Your study and involvement builds knowledge, skill, character, and wisdom.
- Your life and career goals will be sharpened.
- You will be prepared to serve through learning and experience.
Goals of the major (according to your interest, with general career areas):
- To acquaint you thoroughly with political science as a field of study.
- To help you build skills in analysis and in spoken and written communication.
- To enable you to understand and use basic humanities and social science research methods -- research design, data analysis and interpretation.
- To provide you a foundation in constitutional government, governmental institutions, and civic virtues and service.
- To help you to appreciate the history, cultures, and values of various countries.
- To enable you to understand global political issues.
- To prepare you to enter a career in federal, state, or local government, business, non-profit organizations, and many others.
- To encourage you as a servant leader to enter a career in public school and higher education.
- To prepare you for advanced studies in, for example, American government, international relations, comparative politics, public policy, American foreign policy, and the politics of developing countries.
- To prepare you for law school.
- To encourage you to pursure civic and political service and leadership, including citizen activism, career civil service, or elective public office.
- To prepare you as a servant leader to accept the obligations and opportunities of the age by serving humanity and the Kingdom of God.
BA and BS Political Science Degree Requirements:
Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science -- See 2013-2014 ETBU Catalog pages 95-98.
Internships - Local, County, State, National
Note: Consult with faculty for application and nomination procedures as they vary widely. This is not a complete listing of opportunities.
American Political Science Association Information for Students (Internships & Careers)U. S. Government: House of Representatives / Senate / Department of State / White House / State of Texas: 71st State District Court / Harrison County: County / City of Marshall: Marshall City Management / General: Washington Internship Institute / CCCU American Studies Program / Political: Democratic National Committee / Republican National Committee
Information -- Department of History and Political Science -- email@example.com -- 903.923.2083