Registration fees cover attendance at five or six writing workshops, materials needed for the workshops, a Friday evening banquet meal (Before October 17th). Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on Saturday are on your own. There are pre-conference workshops available for an additional fee of $40 (before October 17th); $50 after that day). You can select the pre-conference workshop you would like to attend by submitting the letter identifying the workshop or the name of the leader. For more information call the School of Humanities Administrative Assistant at 903-923-2083. Facilities are handicap accessible.Christian_Writers_Contest_Official_Entry_Form.pdf
If you would like to register online, please navigate to our online registration page.
If you would like to pay online, this option is available after completing the online registration page.
There is also a Writing Contest with a Grand Prize, First, Second and Third Place Prizes available in three categories--Essay, Short Story and Poetry. There is an entrance fee of $10 for each submission. More than one entry may be submitted in each category. You should request a submission form and make your check payable to "Christian Writers Contest" and mail both the form and check to Christian Writers Conference Contest, East Texas Baptist University, One Tiger Drive, Marshall, Texas 75670 along with a hard copy of your submission. All submissions must be received by October 10, 2014 in paper form and in digital form to firstname.lastname@example.org . In the email you should clearly identify yourself, confirm you have mailed your entry fee and identify the nature of your submission.
Personal Essay - 2,500 words maximum
Short Story - 2,500 words maximum
Poetry - 1,000 words maximum
1. When you submit your entry by regular mail, the entry must be accompanied by an Official Entry Form and the required fee submitted by check, money order, or credit card information made payable to "Christian Writers Contest". If you enter more than one manuscript, you can mail all entries (properly identified) in the same envelope and write one check for the total entry fee; however, each manuscript should have the category identified in the upper left-hand corder of the first page of the manuscript with the other appropriate required information. All entries must also be submitted by email to permit entries to be emailed to our judges.
2. Your entry must be original, in English, and not previously published at the time of submission to the contest. ETBU will retain one-time publication rights to the Grand Prize (the one best entry in the three categories combined), the first, second, and third place winning entries in each individual category.
3. Submissions by regular mail must be typed on one side of 8 1/2 x 11 white paper, double-spaced. Online submissions may lose double-spacing when downloaded and opened. This will not result in disqualification. Your entry must have your name, address, phone number, and competition category in the upper left hand corner of the first page, otherwise the entry is disqualified. The accurate number of words in the entry should be identified at the time on the first page under the author's name in parentheses. Mailed entries must be stapled in the upper left-hand corner.
4. Be sure of the word count for your entry. Entries exceeding word count will be disqualified. Type the exact word count (counting every single word, except the title and contact information) at the top of the manuscript under your name in parentheses.
5. Deadline for all entries - October 10, 2014.
6. Entry Fee: $10 per entry manuscript in each category. Authors may submit as many entries as they would like in each category. All entrants must be registered for the 2014 Christian Writers Conference. Checks should be made to "Christian Writers Contest."
Grand Prize - $200
1st Place each in Essay, Short Story, Poetry - $100 (ANONYMOUS SPONSOR)
2nd Place each in Essay, Short Story, Poetry - $50 (ANONYMOUS SPONSOR)
3rd Place each in Essay, Short Story, Poetry - $25 (ANONYMOUS SPONSOR)
ETBU Bookstore (Follette Books) will provide a display of books for the 2014 conference. A variety of books for writers and by the participants in the conference will be available. In addition, you may bring copies of your books and make them available for sale at the conference. Mrs. Vickie Phelps will be working with authors and presenters to sell their books and materials. You should email Dr. Jerry Hopkins (email@example.com ) to get information on how to provide your books and materials for sale during the conference. There is a mandatory "consignment agreement" that each seller will have to complete before books or materials maybe sold.
Registered attendees at the conference may arrange one-on-one interviews with an agent or editor during the conference. These will be made on a "first come, first served" basis as time slots are available. If you ask for a slot when you register, your name will be higher on the list of available times. If you register and pay your fees by October 10, 2014 you may submit a writing sample to be read by an author, agent or editor before the conference. Your writing sample can become the basis for your personal interview. There is no charge for the personal consultation with the authors and editors.
Facilities are handicap accessible.
Please make your check payable to:
2014 Christian Writers Conference
2014 Christian Writer's Conference
ATTN: The School of Humanities
East Texas Baptist University
One Tiger Drive
Marshall, TX 75670
The School of Humanities
· PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS = $40.00 for a two-hour practical, hands-on workshop (if registered and confirmed before October 17, 2014, after date $50)
· INDIVIDUAL = $90.00 (After October 17, 2014, cost for conference will be $100 at the door)
· STUDENT (before October 17th) = $60.00
Registration fees cover attendance at six writing workshops on Saturday, materials needed for the workshops, and the dinner Friday evening, (all if registered before October 17th). For more information call the School of Humanities Administrative Assistant at 903-923-2083. Facilities are handicap accessible.