There are no reported cases of flu on campus. The University continues to follow the CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of flu.
Residence hall staff are encouraging all residents to disinfect their rooms and bathrooms daily.
Resident Assistants are disinfecting common areas on a regular basis.
Hand sanitizer stations are located across campus, and in each residence hall.
Here's How You Can Protect Yourself & Others from the Flu!
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer often; several times a day
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve
- Keep your hands away from your nose, mouth, & eyes
Signs and Symptoms of the Flu:
- Sore throat
- Body aches
What to do if you experience signs and symptoms:
If you live on campus, contact your Resident Director, and call Bonnie Jones at 903-923-2229.
If you live off campus, contact the Office of Student Affairs at 903-923-2320 and call your doctor.
Warning Signs Needing Emergency Medical Attention:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms improve but then return with fever and worse cough
For more information on flu prevention, visit www.flu.gov