The workstudy program provides a great opportunity for students to earn money while in school. Most positions pay minimum wage and will be for approximately 10 hours per week that will not interfere with class time. Payroll is processed twice per month and funds are paid directly to the student.
Students are only allowed to have one on-campus job per semester. This applies to workstudy, RA and temporary positions.
Student Workstudy Process
1. Once a student has been awarded workstudy and has registered for classes, they will be able to log into the workstudy page to view available jobs
2. Create a personal profile
3. Apply online for the job(s) of interest
4. If hired, the student will receive an e-mail from the supervisor that will have links to the W-4, I-9, and EFT forms
5. Accept the position - (jobs that are not accepted within a week may be released for other students)
6. Contact the supervisor about arranging your work schedule
7. Download and print the W-4
8. Download and print the I-9
9. Download and print the EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) for direct check deposit to the bank
10. Get timesheets from the supervisor or download here
Please see the link below for available jobs. Only students who have been awarded workstudy AND have registered for classes will be able to access the available jobs page. All workstudy job applications must be made online. If you have any problems accessing the page, please contact the Financial Aid Office at (903) 923-2138.
Current workstudy jobs available - (login required; username is first 3 letters of last name and last 4 digits of SS#, and password is SS#. Example - username smi6789, password 123456789)