East Texas Baptist University is an institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas since 1912. Our purpose is the development of intellectual inquiry, social consciousness, wellness, skills for a contemporary society, global awareness, and Christian character, for we believe that these endeavors prepare students to accept the obligations and opportunities to serve humanity and the
We strive to serve students of varied ages and of diverse socioeconomic, geographic, cultural, ethnic, and religious backgrounds. We seek students who demonstrate a potential for success in our supportive and challenging environment. We employ Christian faculty who are dedicated to teaching, scholarship, advising, and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith. As a Baptist university we are committed to the integration of learning and Christian faith in the pursuit of truth.
·East Texas Baptist University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Texas Baptist University. The Commission on Colleges should be contacted only if there is evidence that appears to support an institution's significant non-compliance with a requirement or standard in The Principles of Accreditation.
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education
- The Board of Nursing for the State of Texas
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- State Board for Educator Certification
Approximately 1200 students
NCAA Division III - American Southwest Conference
Tiger Click here for more information on ETBU's first, live tiger mascot.
Navy and Gold
Average Class Size
Other Important Information
· More than 85% of full-time faculty members have earned doctorates or terminal degrees.
· Students are taught by faculty members, not graduate assistants.
· By special agreement, ETBU pre-physical therapy students may receive early admissions to graduate school.
· ETBU was also recognized in the category, "Best Values." Among Baccalaureate Colleges in the West region ETBU was ranked eighth in the area which determines schools offering the best value.